While Wrestlemania 34 is in our rear-view mirror, there’s another major WWE event on the horizon: Greatest Royal Rumble. On Friday, April 27, Saudi Arabia will host this show, which will be streamed on the WWE Network. The main event will be the largest Royal Rumble match of all time.
The card for the show is starting to come together, with new matches being added to the event over the course of the next two weeks. If you’re wondering why there aren’t any women’s matches on the card it’s because of the country’s extremely conservative views, and women can attend the show but cannot wrestle.
Because of the time difference, the show will air in North America at 12 PM ET / 9 AM PT with a Kickoff show on the network starting one hour prior, as the show begins in Saudi Arabia at 5 PM BST / 7 PM AST. As of this writing, there’s no clear indication of how long the show will be, but advertisements for it have said all the major WWE titles–minus the two women’s ones–will be on the line, so expect this to be a longer event.
The main event of the evening will be the Greatest Royal Rumble match, a Royal Rumble consisting of 50 wrestlers. Prior to this event, the 2011 40-man Royal Rumble was the only Rumble to have more than 30 superstars involved. We’ll keep you updated when new matches are added to the card. As of now, there are seven confirmed matches for it.
Greatest Royal Rumble Match Card
- Undertaker vs. Rusev (Casket Match)
- The Bar vs. Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt (For the Raw Tag Team Championship)
- John Cena vs. Triple H
- The Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. The Usos (For the Smackdown Tag Team Championship)
- The Miz vs. Seth Rollins (c) vs. Finn Balor vs. Samoa Joe (Ladder match for the Intercontinental Championship)
- Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Jinder Mahal (For the United States Championship)
- Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns (Steel cage match for the Universal Championship)
- 50-Man Royal Rumble
If for some reason you can’t watch Greatest Royal Rumble when it airs–because it’s on in the early morning–don’t worry because GameSpot will be covering it live.